PUPUCHI GLUTEN-FREE BOWNIE
120 g butter,
140 g dark chocolate,
250 g sugar,
35 g Pupuchi flour or blended roasted MINI beans without oil and salt
2 g baking powder,
10 g rum.
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line ~ 24cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly.
3. Sift the flour into a separate bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, then mix together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate stir together well. Beat the eggs, then add a rum and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
5. Pour the brownie mix into the baking tin, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out clean – the brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle.
6. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares. Delicious served with the seasonal berries and powder-sugar or creamy cheese mixed with some lemon zest.